Venn is committed to being environmentally friendly.
We are passionate about protecting the world that our children will grow up in and are doing our best to support environmentally friendly practices throughout our spaces.
Some of the ways we reduce, reuse and recycle include:
- Our milk suppliers, Bannister Downs, use recycled cardboard cartons for their deliveries, swapping out our empty boxes, plus Ecoclean packaging for their milk products
- We collect all our lids and bread tags and donate them to HOSCA for sensory play, colour sorting and recyclability education.
- All of our coffee beans are delivered in buckets, eliminating any packaging before they end up in our store.
- All the coffee grounds produced in store are available for pick up at the back of Venn, for your garden and compost needs
- We stock a wide range of reusable cups and provide a 50c discount per coffee .
- We have Returnr cups available for use
- Our retail coffee bags are fully compostable and we encourage customers to bring them back to reuse, or alternatively, bring their own container in to fill!
- Jam jars reused as water glasses
- We REDcycle all our Holy Bagel Company bagel plastic sleeves
- Our daily newspapers are donated to the art studio at Curtin University
- Many of our staff live locally and do their best to walk or ride their bikes
Thank you for supporting us and please let us know if you have further suggestions for how we can be environmentally friendly!